One step in starting your own business is creating and developing your brand.
So what makes up your brand?
In marketing, a brand is so much more than just your chosen logo, colours or what you call your business. It starts with that, but it’s got a lot more to do with the feelings your words, logos, and ideas evoke to your ideal audience. Your brand is your tone of voice, your values – ultimately it is what you stand for.
Why should you spend time creating your brand?
Creating a brand encourages you to focus on your messaging and to do this you need to know your audience. So developing your brand simultaneously makes you find time to research and contemplate your ideal client.
Once you have your ideal client in mind and have created your brand, you can let the brand work for you!
- Having a brand builds trust. Creating a know-like-trust between your audience and your brand.
- Branding improves awareness. If you are consistent with your brand and messaging you will improve client recognition,
- It also makes your marketing simpler. Having a tone of voice and message created already will help guide any marketing.
How do you go about developing your own brand and creating the image you want to portray to your clients?
Some areas to think about when creating your own branding:
- The Know – Like – Trust Principle. How can you build trust in your brand?
- What’s your story? Sharing your story helps your audience share an affinity with your brand.
- How your brand and your story help you reach your target audience
- Being visible isn’t enough – using your brand and story to build trust
- Bringing it full circle – making the sale and using happy customers as brand ambassadors
If you want to know more and work through some exercises to develop your brand, I have an eBook and workbook designed to do just that.
Yes, I would like to have the eBook and workbook – develop your brand!